Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Return

So I am back from my prolonged absence and none to soon if you ask me. I took a few personal trips this summer and I am glad to be back. One of the trips was to help my Mom get prepped for her exodus from Kaliforniastan. In my travels I have never seen a more backwards state in my entire life. For instance; To get rid of a feral cat in Southern California you have to trap it and then wait on hold for 30 minutes to schedule a pick up which may or may not show up in 3 hours. Thats right folks, you have to catch your own animals which means that Cali is paying its animal control sixteen per hour to drive around and make pick ups only.

To make matters worse one of her neighbors called the Department of Health for the mess the feral cats made. So here I am trying to trap the cats, animal control is useless, and a very unfriendly neighbor is waging war with my mother. I will be so happy when she moves out of out there and is back in the U.S. proper.

It's weird that after I lost my job that all these other issues cropped up. Had I been employed I would be unable to devote much time to deal with them. I am not usually to preachy, but, God does have a plan for all of us and it is humbling to see it in action.

Speaking about plans; I plan to reduce the amount of posts from three times a week down to one. I have a number of family obligations coming up and that will keep me busy for most of the summer. I know I have a reloading article that I need to make good on and I have some thoughts on SHTF bunkering that might fly in the face of what others have preached as gospel.

Yes I am back but I might be busy here and there. I expect that in the coming months that it will be a busy time for most of the prepping community as well.

12 comments:

  1. mmasse - glad to see you back buddy! and no worries about posting - we all have each other linked on our blogs so i always see when you have a new post up. as for your Mother's situation - yikes - but i am glad that you can be there to help her.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your kind words mean more than you will ever know. Thank you Kymber.

      Delete
  2. I'm with kymber, nice to see you back. You've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephen for your unwavering support. I have to admit that I have been following your situation from afar. I lack the eloquence of some of your other followers, but if you need someone to talk to you have my email address.

      Delete
  3. Me too, I'm happy to have you back, even if it's just one post a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it means the world to me and with your support I will be back in force in no time.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you are back! And I look forward to any and all posts you put out.. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMasse, Glad to see your back, and look forward to your weekly post. I'm glad you're able to help your Mother out. And I'm sorry to hear you lost your job, but sometimes things have a way of working out mysteriously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a story behind the whole lost job. I will have to share it one day. Lets just say that several labor agencies got involved with it and they are still finding against that company. But you are so right, things do have a way for working out and I am happy for my mother's sake they did.

      Delete
  6. I am glad you are back and getting your Mom back to the real world!

    ReplyDelete