Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mice, Taxes and Other Things

Working my way up to the present time we had to go sign our tax paperwork Monday. Normally this would be a 10 minute jaunt downtown. This however was changed recently since our former tax person was convicted last year for groping a teenage girl. Having found that out we immediately took our business elsewhere. The closest person that we got a friend reference for is 40 minutes out of our way. Add in two kids to the mix and that makes it a half day affair.

Tuesday I woke up to take my daughter to school and what do you know, a mouse had made a nest in my drivers seat. This set the stage to a few hushed cuss words and a trip to Cal-Ranch. With the advice from a local pest eliminator friend I bought the larger poison "chunks" and a few electric traps. The problem with the smaller pellet poisons is that they haul it off to where ever they nest. The larger chunks they have to eat in place. The electric traps are well, lets just say I hate vermin and after chewing bits of my beloved vehicle I have no problem with frying the suckers (sorry kymber).

I know that I promised an update with the gangs but that might have to wait until tomorrow's class as I am still waiting for those power point slides. On an unrelated note; I have ordered some reloading equipment and hope to show it off here in the future.

7 comments:

  1. Just as a quick update; Electric trap works! 2 hours, 4 C batteries, a dab of peanut butter and we have caught the defiler of my vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO, I bet he was smoking when you got done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as much as I would have though. The trap says that its rated for 50 zaps until you need new batteries (has a fancy sensor in it). I might have to buy another one as we live next to a field. My wife was laughing at me too, must have been that look on my face while dumping the culprit.

      Delete
  3. ack! ick! bleck! but i do understand, buddy! i'm looking forward to the update on gangs as well as hearing about tomorrow's class...when you have the time!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, a .410 pump shotgun, add a light, and night hunt for those little suckers...aim well. I understand they make great BBQ. Mustard sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basement has to many flammables to night hunt, the field however might be an option. I do have a huge owl that comes over here occasionally that hunts in the field as well.

      Delete