Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sushi

Sorry kymber it is sushi but it kind of related to pot-stickers. Wife got me a kit to make home made sushi and we have put it to good use.
Although I have to admit I cheat when I make sushi. I used a tool called the sushezi. This is ten times easier than using the "traditional" method of rolling it on a bamboo mat. The wife tried the bamboo mat and it came out looking square.
The only other thing is that you need a very very sharp knife to make the cuts in the sushi. So with that said I will not show you the aftermath of trying to cut them with a dull knife.

9 comments:

  1. oh too cool, mmasse, buddy! and sushi used to be my favourite food until i went on the potsticker kick! that sushezi tool looks awesome - i am ordering one! i am awful making the rolls even when i do have the bamboo mat!

    bahahahaha on the dull knife. live and learn eh?

    so what did you put in the sushi!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cream cheese, crab meat, avocado, and cucumber. Yeah the dull knife issue was remedied immediately.

      Delete
    2. Oh, that sounds delicious! And of all the issues to have, a dull knife is certainly one of the easiest to fix!

      Delete
    3. Easy to fix, harder to remedy after the damage has been done. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. oh that sounds deelish! and i am always after jambaloney to sharpen the knives - dull knives drive me nuts!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that tool. Our sushi mat was a mess until I stole 45ers idea of putting it in a ziplock, but this looks promising too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we tried it with Saran Wrap and it did not do as well as the Sushezi. I just need to compress it a bit more when making rolls and mine would have been perfect.

      Delete
  4. Oh, goodie, more sushi. Square sushi is cool. There is actually a press for doing it that way. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were quite please with our creations up till the now famous "dull-knife" incident ha!

      Delete