Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sinus Infection

Still under the weather this week and developed into the dreaded sinus infection. I am going to try to tough this out without antibiotics or other medication except for aspirin. My wife advised me that I am to quick to use antibiotics in this situation and its better if I just let it run its course. So if I am sort of out there forgive me.

I will take this time to advise everyone who still is using Google to install this application: http://www.ghostery.com/ Its a free product that will help hide your Internet usage from data mining (to an extent) and removes nasty tracking cookies. I have used this for a few months and use it extensively.

For your viewing pleasure:

4 comments:

  1. I use Ghostery in conjunction with the private browsing selection on Firefox. Kinda like a double layer of protection from tracking cookies.

    Make sure you still manually delete your browsing info EVERYDAY from the non-private browsing side of your browser.

    For goodness sake, don't use Google's CHROME browser... Period. The SSL has been hacked in the past, not to mention that Google is in bed with the Federallies to begin with.

    Also, just saw this moments ago, no big surprise here but worth mentioning:

    http://rockymountainsurvivalinstitute.com/2012/03/beware-fbi-is-asking-for-information-on.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually switched from Firefox to Opera. Firefox was a little to cozy with Google for my tastes and Opera offers better "private browsing". Thanks for the link! I figured that it was only a matter of time before the prepper community started get files made. If they have not compiled them already.

      Delete
    2. Do you have some links or documentation to support all that? I'll move to a better browser if I see one. Especially the Google/Firefox connection. I've had some funny suspicions about Firefox lately, but would like to see what you say first.

      I didn't like Opera because of the seemingly lack of ad blocking software, but if I can get around that issue, I'd change is everything else was more secure.

      Delete
  2. http://www.opera.com/security/ to start and of course it allows extensions like ghostery
    and adblock: https://addons.opera.com/en/addons/extensions/details/opera-adblock/0.52/

    I also like WOT (web of trust) and it allows that to be installed as well.

    ReplyDelete