Friday, March 16, 2012

Odd's and Ends

The missus brought home an order sheet last night. I sighed heavily when she bought the page to my attention fearing some sort of cosmetic/fancy underwear wish list for my approval. This was a list of storage goods, however. Strange, why she would be handing me this (to spend money on) list. It was for a class on food preparation that the LDS Church is hosting. The kids pack them up and receive school credit while the church get the money for the consumables. The prices are pretty reasonable too $15 for 27 lbs of flour, $17 for sugar? All this and they are packed in containers for storage. Needless to say I had to backtrack on that sigh pretty quickly. Onions, beans, wheat, flour, sugar, apple slices and a few more for very reasonable prices to which I spent more than I should have. But heck, a deal is a deal and you have to grab them when they come.

Second bit o' new comes from my police department. I have been extolling the virtues of our local PD for a while, they do a herculean job for the size town we have and they do it well. No weapon rights controversies, no out of control cop on you-tube videos either. So an opening came open with the Citizens Academy and I went for it. More out of curiosity if nothing else as I have never had any police training or background (military and some security). I will start on the 21st and will try to keep you updated with the training as it happens.

6 comments:

  1. Hope you get one of those nice gun belts....enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doubt its more of this is what we do type of thing. We do get to go to their shooting range though.

      Delete
  2. mmasse - awesome news on both fronts, buddy! make sure to keep us updated! good luck!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am interested to see what the classes are going to be like.

      Delete