Friday, March 2, 2012

Mail Issues and other stuff


I have had it with my mail carrier. In the past 3-4 months I have hand delivered at least 8 pieces of mail to my neighbors. I can understand once a month but this is getting ridiculous. I have contacted the 1-800 numbers at least 3 times. Yesterday invoked a last straw for me. I took a picture noted it on my calendar and drove to the post office that is 40 minutes away. I spoke to whatever manager was on duty and informed him of the mail carrier’s habits.

You have to really tick me off to make me go on a special trip to talk to your supervisor. That being said if this does not work I will document each piece of mail and ask this be escalated to the district supervisor with photo evidence. The real concern here is how many pieces of my mail that do not get delivered.

In other news my daughter has brought home a new illness and was kind enough to share. If the US ever looses their chemical facilities they can quickly recoup those losses by visiting the local schools to get those viruses back. So with stuffy head and dripping nose I bid you adieu for today.


6 comments:

  1. we used to get our neighbours mail, too. and would always put it in their mailbox. but always wondered if other people were getting our mail and not giving it to us. it is a pain! i like your idea of talking to the carriers supervisor and documenting any additional mail that you get that isn't yours. i'm not sure if the mail is the same in the states, but here in canada it is not the mail deliverer that sorts and stacks the mail, it is the people at the depot. other people sort it and put in little stacks, normally with an elastic around it - the mail carrier just delivers it. so it might not be their fault.

    anyway - sorry to hear that the little plague carriers have hit you again. get better soon buddy!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it might not be the mail carriers fault. However, he is the last person that touches the mail so the responsibility lays solely on him. There are legal issues with this as well, so I am being very cautious with my mis-delivered mail. Thank you for the get well soon wishes. Since the weather is changing so much I fear there is more to come.

      Delete
  2. He is the last person to touch the mail, hence, his fault...walk out when he arrives and smack that sucker up side his noggin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Farm is one of my favorite movies. The drunk mail carrier was hilarious. My favorite part is probably the dogs. I hope it works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite part was the snake. Thanks I am hopeful that this will finally resolve the issue.

      Delete