Monday, November 28, 2011

The Dismantling of the 14th Amendment

Imagine a country whose military is able to sequester it's citizens without trial and detain them indefinitely. Sounds like a movie premise or a third world dictatorship right? This is what is happening behind closed doors in the US Senate.

"The Senate is set to vote on a bill today that would define the whole of the United States as a “battlefield” and allow the U.S. Military to arrest American citizens in their own back yard without charge or trial." 


What is more surprising that is John McCain is drafting this in secret to detain US citizens. You know the same group who likes to collect firearms, store food for emergencies or "cling" to bibles. Shame on your Senator, I would have thought you of all people would despise imprisonment without due course. I can not believe that after spending 5 years as a POW you would even consider this. I would never have thought that this would come to be in the United States. Its a very scary sign to what is in store later down the line.

* Just as a side note I have written both my Senator and Senator McCain. I am pretty sure being a veteran and a gun owner I am on one of their watch lists anyways.

4 comments:

  1. * Just as a side note I have written both my Senator and Senator McCain. I am pretty sure being a veteran and a gun owner I am on one of their watch lists anyways.

    Many of us fall under this 'domestic terrorist' label. Time for me to write my congresscritter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was pretty much floored to see our rights going down the drain - Thanks Steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmasse - this is outright scarey!?!?!? i just can't believe that they can get away with introducing this much less passing it.

    i hope that all of your military members remember their "oath". thanks for sharing this!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  4. kymber: Those who have taken the oath are in such a small minority it will not matter. This is a very scary bill and what's worse it passed the Senate. Signal the military busting in our doors in three, two one.....

    ReplyDelete